1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

lil wonder for beds

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassroots lawn, Mar 3, 2006.

1. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

I have noticed the small landscaping co's in my area use this type of edger to cut existing mulch beds..thinking of buying one ,instead of a straight edge shovel to make anice clean cut..We used bedmasters at a college i worked at but did not get that sharp cut.any ideas,suggestions..

2. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have a Turfco Edge-R-Rite II and is ideal for going back and cutting existing bed lines. It isn't heavy and is quite manuverable. I have had mine for a few years now and has really saved our backs. It also cuts out new beds pretty well too. I think I spent around 1200.00-1500.00 for mine. It also has a Honda motor on it....starts everytime.:usflag:

3. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the bed shaper from little wonder. I have used them all and found for the size properties that we do it is the best for us. It is self propelled and very fast, makes a nice deep clean cut.