Lawn Care Forum banner

Limestone Patio Stains

Tags
limestone
1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Youngandfree 
#1 ·
I hired a sub to install a limestone patio. It was installed over the course of 3 months and was stained in the process. The sub bailed and I had my team finish the install but now we are stuck with cleaning it and sealing.

What product would you recommend getting dirty and rust off the limestone without damaging it. The supplier is telling us sanding it but that seems extremely tedious.

#5 ·
Pressure washers use certain chemicals to remove rust and clay stains, look at what they use. You won't need a pressure washer, soft wash it....

#6 ·
I'd use this before jumping to straight muriatic. It's going to be more forgiving. I used it on my house. Dilute 3:1, maybe even try it at 4 or 5:1 to see if it will work,
Property Window Lighting Garden hose Wood
Window Plant Wood Building Brickwork
pour the acid into the water. Something this large, get a large plant watering can. Mix it in there and use the can to sprinkle it on. Let dwell 15-30 seconds. Rinse off. Don't let it dry. You may need to brush. May need to reapply. This is my house I used it on. Rinsed with that garden hose. No pressure needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.