• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Line ad or Business card ad in paper?

supercuts

LawnSite Silver Member
its been a long time since we've advertised in the local paper. we used to get decent calls from a simply line ad. recently i put a business card ad in and only had a handful of calls, much less then i recall from our old line ads years ago.

this year I'm trying to pick up 50 lawns and want to advertise a bit strong for the first time ever. just wondering if anyone has ever done advertising each way and noticed a difference. the other option is both line/business ads but at $35/week and i think another $105/month for line ads it will "ad" up. any help would be great thanks

Mark

Scagmower48

LawnSite Senior Member
I have posted a business card size ad in the business section from my local paper for two years. This year will be the third. I would say I get around ten mowing accounts from this ad each year. It cost $22 a week if you sign for eight weeks. I think it is worth it for me.

Did you put a ad in this year already, or are you referring to last years results?