• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

LinkedIn - Online Social Network

Do you use LinkedIn?

• No, I don't have a LinkedIn Profile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BearWise Landscapers

LawnSite Senior Member
Just out of curiosity: How many of you have profiles on LinkedIn?

I joined a while ago, but have not used it until recently when I updated my information and added some contacts. I have seen the groups on there and wondered if many people on LawnSite use LinkedIn to warrant a group for LawnSite.com members.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rex Mann

LawnSite Senior Member
I am on it and all the other major social media sites. Our industry trade group has a group on there. It just started, so not very much activity yet.

I am on there under my name, look me up.

Peace,

Rex Mann

http://PaversInstalled.Com

Follow us on Twitter @PaversInstalled
You Tube Channel Pavermaster
blog @ Ning.Com @ PaversInstalled
Face Book @Pavers Installed Company

Roger

LawnSite Fanatic
I have a registered name under LinkedIn. My interest is being part of a local group of small business owners, and unemployed people. I have received several inquiries from people who are part of the group, but nothing of significance.

I'm doubting there is much intersection between LCO and most of the population of LinkedIn. The profile of most members are much different than that of most LCOs that I've found on LS. I'm doubtful a membership would produce much business, but it may produce some referrals.

OP
BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers

LawnSite Senior Member
I found these groups on LinkedIn for landscapers:

I didn’t see one for LawnSite members and I didn’t see one for ALMA. Maybe we should get on there and create one for each.

Also, I found these two old threads with bad results from LinkedIn in 2006 and good results from Linked In in 2009. I figured it was time to make a new thread about it since both of those were old.

I look forward to hearing what more of you think about it...

OP
BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers

LawnSite Senior Member
i am not on there...is it a good idea??? networking???
That's what I am asking. I don't know how effective it would be for lawn care businesses that do residential properties. I imagine it helps in linking people over to your business website and giving credibility to your business. For commercial landscape maintenance companies, I would think that it helps with references for previous experience and another source for credibility, but I don't know how effective it would be towards picking up new accounts or general advertising purposes.

Does anybody have an example of a landscaping client they picked up through networking on LinkedIn?

Thanks for the feedback

Columbia Care

LawnSite Member
I use Linkedin for another business that I have. I have not used it for lawn care.

AbbottCon.

LawnSite Member
i have it but dont really know what im doing on it use the facebook and twitter more. and now twitter has become so popular is actually comes into play on your websites google ranking for SEO. so if anyone what to exchange following eachother on twitter to bust of site ranking my page is @AbbottCon. follow me and ill follow you in return.