• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Liquid aeration

StripeLife

LawnSite Member
Recently stumbled across some liquid aeration solutions online. I've never used these products before. Has anyone had any success with liquid aeration before?

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'd do some more reading on Humic acid before just using it. There quite a few products out there that are "liquid aeration". This year we switched all our normal spring/fall aerations to and organic granule aeration/soilbuilder called C20. Just like what the liquid aeration is sposed to do, this is supposed to do much more than just plugging.

Seems to be working pretty good, from what I can tell lawns are staying greener longer (drought/heat stress related)

BigJlittleC

Banned
It has its uses. In some situations it's all that's needed. For heavy compaction you'll still need core aeration.

Nothing you spray will be a magic fix but if you combine liquid aeration within your turf program you will see improvement.

OP
S

StripeLife

LawnSite Member
I'd do some more reading on Humic acid before just using it. There quite a few products out there that are "liquid aeration". This year we switched all our normal spring/fall aerations to and organic granule aeration/soilbuilder called C20. Just like what the liquid aeration is sposed to do, this is supposed to do much more than just plugging.

Seems to be working pretty good, from what I can tell lawns are staying greener longer (drought/heat stress related)
It has its uses. In some situations it's all that's needed. For heavy compaction you'll still need core aeration.

Nothing you spray will be a magic fix but if you combine liquid aeration within your turf program you will see improvement.
I'll give it a shot probably next spring. I've already aerated the lawns with good results, so hopefully they'll perk up even more with one of these liquid aeration products.

ltdlawn

LawnSite Platinum Member

I have some customers that do fall pre-em would this be a good recommendation when they ask about core aeration?

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sure, why not? Not trying to sell anything, but were pretty happy w/ this and will be making it an auto-renewing service each year just like our treatments. Wasn't going to but every single customer I've talked to that had it done loves it.

The beauty of this, and any non traditional product if they work, is there is no disturbance of the soil meaning you can literally do it any time of the year. We did ours spring and fall this year, however next year we will do everyone in the spring, then throughout the year as people sign up. It works best when the lawn is active so we may take a month off during the heat of summer however.

Call Jerry at precision organics, he'll give you a pretty good shpele about it, tell him Garrett sent you.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic

Brand?

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Precision organics (Jerry) actually did some pretty cool experiments prior to putting it on the market relating to microbial respiration, bulk density, and new grass root/shoot development.

That's kinda what got me really interested in it. Some actual proof with bulk density and grass development. Really though the proof is in the lawns though