• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Liscense and insurance


LawnSite Member
Dayton, oh
I,m just starting my business this year and want to find out where I apply for my business liscense at,also my chemical liscense for spraying lawns in Ohio, Dayton


LawnSite Member
Fort Worth Texas
Im in Texas but Im sure its not that much different. Contact the Texas DEpt of Agriculture, there you can get licensed as a commercial noncommercial pesticide applicator, as long as you are not wanting to do termite and/or pest control work inside anyones home thats where you need to go. Stay away from Structual Pest Control Board. Also helpful contacts are your local county Agriculture extension agent, also look in your yellow pages for wholesale chemical companies. they are ussually real knowledgable and helpful when it omes to all of this. shoopspestcontrol@excite.com if you need any more help

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

LawnSite Member
Owosso, MI
In Michigan, do get your DBA or LLC, you just go to the local county courthouse. I have my DBA, $10.
Anyone know about middle Tennessee?