1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Liscense to apply fert. in Md

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jeffex, Nov 21, 2001.

  1. jeffex

    jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,933

    I want to add a fert. program to my services. Anyone have info on liscense in state of Md.
  2. Richard Martin

    Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 14,699

  3. dhicks

    dhicks Member
    Messages: 770

    Richard is right about pesticide applications. No license required for fertilization services. HOWEVER, Maryland Dept. of Agricultures requires any LCO that fertilizes 10 acres or more to keep records of NPK used, spread rate and you must do soil testing at least every two years. You must also have a written plan of action for dealing with issues such as too much or too little NPK.

    If you do less than 10 acres of fertilization per year, the new law does not apply.

    I think I have the bulletin from the MDA and a URL to give you the exact specifics. Unfortunately, I cannot provide it now- I'm still vacationing in Canada.:blob3:

Share This Page