Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CuttingEdgeLandscaping, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. CuttingEdgeLandscaping

    CuttingEdgeLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Messages: 14

    I keep reading about making sure that you are licensed. I have gotten a pesticide license and have liability insurance. Am I missing something, or is this the basics? Still on a small budget.
  2. Reliable Lawn Care

    Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    Messages: 136

    I believe the only other thing you may possibly need, would be a sales tax number or permit for any taxable services you may render, In my state of Nebraska, I don't need a "business license" for lawn care, but I do have to have a sales tax permit for charging taxes on any pest control applications, (e.g., grub control). These need to listed seperatly on my invoices, other wise the whole job would be taxable. Check with your city and state dept of revenue. Other wise, I think you are good to go, I just found out I past my fertilizing/Pesticide test today, so this add on will really help my business. Good Luck !

Share This Page