Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I current;y am not insured or liscensed, but I want/need to be, so how do I go about doing it?

I don't know anything about insurance, need some help!:dizzy:

· Registered
50 Posts
go with whoever you have your homeowners insurance and or vehickle insurance.. Im in the electric biz and liability is only around 450 a year . workers comp will kill you though

· Registered
3,464 Posts
Dang Bobby, you must reck alot of stuff to have insurance that high.:D

· Banned
13,159 Posts
2 trucks @$1150 each./pest +business [email protected]/pest license and "credits" to keep it [email protected] around $700. i been thinking, maybe its worth not having ins and pest license, ill tell u why: if i cancel them now, in 3 yrs ill save like 12 grand. now, even if i get into a little fender bender, ill have to pay out of pocket, like say $1000, im still ahead $13000. now, if i get caught applying pest without a permit, its an $800 fine, im still way ahead of the game. it could quite possibly be well worth the risk.

· Registered
50 Posts
Bad thing is, No insurance atleast in Maryland, they will come after your house. Always pays to be on the up and up. Who needs some county inspector catching up with you and having to look over your shoulder all the time

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going with nationwide, since that is what my parents use for their homeowners!

· Registered
337 Posts
Bobby, I know you are kidding. But for those that may consider going without insurance....take the $1000 fender bender, throw in a person that has neck or back problems and goes to the emergency room (you take them as you find them and if you aggravate a previous injury that is just too bad). All of a sudden you may be up to $10,000 in medical and another $10-$20,000 for pain and suffering. Now add an attorney to the mix and you will have only fond memories of the business you once owned before the person you hit and their shyster take it away, plus you will have to pay for your own lawyer out of your pocket. Now add on the violation of your state financial responsibility law and the fact that you will have to prove to the state that you have insurance through an SR-22 financial responsibility filing your new and expensive insurance company will make for you over the next three to five years. Add in the fines you may have to pay for causing the accident and operating the vehicle without insurance. Better put that money you save in premiums in a very good investment because your going to need it!!

· Banned
13,159 Posts
insurence is a scam. it is forced gambling. remember in order to be sued, u have to have something. i tried suing this ahole one time. my lawyer got back to me. he said the man got nothin to sue for. house is owned by the bank. no money, loans on his car. u cant get blood from a stone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.