1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Liscensed And Insured!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GreenMachine102, Sep 22, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I current;y am not insured or liscensed, but I want/need to be, so how do I go about doing it?

I don't know anything about insurance, need some help!:dizzy:

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the Yellow pages under insurance and call a few....personally I go thru Nationwide.

3. Sauls1686

Sauls1686 LawnSite Member

Can u be insured but not liscensed?

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

u can have mine, im about to cancel them both, and save the $4000 a year

5. narly1_2000

narly1_2000 LawnSite Member

go with whoever you have your homeowners insurance and or vehickle insurance.. Im in the electric biz and liability is only around 450 a year . workers comp will kill you though

6. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

That is what I did. I got my liablility through my homeowners insurance carrier. I also got a LITTLE BITTY discount for doing both through the same place.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes you can be insured but not licensed

8. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

Saul,
    In york, PA you do not have to be licensed unless you are into landscaping. Go to www.state.pa.us

9. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Dang Bobby, you must reck alot of stuff to have insurance that high.:D

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

2 trucks @$1150 each./pest +business liability@900/pest license and "credits" to keep it current@ around $700. i been thinking, maybe its worth not having ins and pest license, ill tell u why: if i cancel them now, in 3 yrs ill save like 12 grand. now, even if i get into a little fender bender, ill have to pay out of pocket, like say $1000, im still ahead $13000. now, if i get caught applying pest without a permit, its an $800 fine, im still way ahead of the game. it could quite possibly be well worth the risk.