• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Listen to this exuse

Lux Lawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I have a regular lawn account I have been doing for about two and a half years now the lady is always late paying her bill and I always charge her a late fee every month.Her excuses in the past have been back surgery,cancer treatments,her son didn't send her enough money this month, but her best one was when she said she was shopping at a local grocery store and a case of YAMS fell off a cart and landed on her foot she had to give my money to the emergency room this coming from a lady on state disability in my opinion she probably has health care.Last week when I called her to collect she said she didn't have the money and her son doesn't want her to sell her stocks to pay me for Sept. and Oct. 2003.So I told her not to worry about it I will sell mine to feed my family,after all I don't want to inconveince her for the work I did. I then told her that I have no choice but to take her to small claims court she promised me this will not happen in 2004 and I agreed as I walked away laughing to myself because she thinks I will be back in the spring.Not a chance did I mention the dog crap throughout the entire yard?

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
thats what you get for stealing my customers

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
haha how can you put up with that crap in a professonal matter. I sure can't.

cush

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a simple late payment policy. If you are late three times you must pay one month in advance. If they don't do that I drop them. If they give me any crap I say if your worth it pay up front otherwise I have no choice but to find another paying customer.