Lawn Care Forum banner

Little Wonder blowers

6K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  gene gls 
#1 ·
I recently sold my 1990 Woods 36" wb for $750 and I'm in the market for a wheeled blower. I'm looking at the Little Wonder with the 8hp B+S I/C engine for $669.00. I have to move tons of leaves in the fall. Can anybody give me some input into which wheeled blower they prefer?

#2 ·
I have used fradan blowers for the past 6 or 7 years never had a problem with them holding up heavy use. On the other hand our little wonder blowers cracked handles and the front wheel broke off to many times. Thats when we switched to fradan. they all have the briggs 8HP industrial plus engines. Which i recomend over the I/C because of the oil warning switch it will kill the engine if the oil is too low. That is good for employees who dont check oil!

----------
Steve
Mountain View Landscaping

#3 ·
Little Wonder is the way to go!!!! I don't like the Briggs engine to much. I had alot of problems years ago with them. Depending on the size of the lots you cut maybe check into a higher h.p. If the lawns are small 8 h.p. is just fine. Make sure you do your homework demo some if you have to. Remember sometimes the little extra money you spend is worth it!!! Good Luck
TRavis AG&G Lawn Maintenance :)

#6 ·
i gotta figure out how i'm gonna do cleanups this year. i already have a toro 36 inch walk-behind, and a stihl BR 400 back pack blower.

1.Bagger for the walkbehind, maybe with leaf gobbler
2.hand held blower, with vac, not for large areas, but to get the beds, and small areas like pathways, i think the vaccum function could be very useful
3. wheeled blower

it all depends on how i will use the equipment. I could go to a neighbooring county, where they have curbside pickup. there, the wheeled blower would be very attractive. I like the little wonder's b/c, they have an attachment so you can use them as a vac, and load your truck, i think that could save a lot of time. I'm not sure i want to spend $700+, so i have noticed that Home depot has wheeled blowers, new ones and used ones. People will use the blower once, and return it, then HD sells it cheap. I could probably get an MTD pro, with 8hp for $250-$400. I know its not on the same level as little wonder, giant vac, or billy goat. But it will be a good start, and for the little use it will see, i think the tecumseh engine won't be so horrible, i could add extra air filtration to it (panty hose over air intake). Do you think it would be possible to have a welder fabricate a hose mount so i could use it as a vac?
i know its a long post, but i wanted to be clear and present a bunch of possible solutions

#7 ·
I am on my second Giant Vac 8HP push blower,bought it last year.Very good units.

Paddy: Skip your #2 item, they don't work worth beans.If you want to load a truck with leaves get a truck loader.A dedicated pice of equipement is designed to do the job best.It will cost more in the beginning but will be faster to compleat a job to save you money in the end.

#11 ·
I recently sold my 1990 Woods 36" wb for $750 and I'm in the market for a wheeled blower. I'm looking at the Little Wonder with the 8hp B+S I/C engine for $669.00. I have to move tons of leaves in the fall. Can anybody give me some input into which wheeled blower they prefer?
That's a good blower and a great price...go for it. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.