1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

little wonder extended hedge trimmer,problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by brianslawncare, Sep 4, 2010.

1. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a little wonder extended hedge trimmer its about 3yrs old. the problem is the trimmer keeps binding up(it stops cutting) motor runs but blade stops. i have lost some bolts in the blade and some around the gear box. i know i have to replace them first.i called a local dealer and he said blades arent aligned? if i losen the bolt that goes threw the gear box the blades work. but as soon as i turn the trimmer on the side it stops again? the gera box is working,and i know i need the bolts. but is their anything else i could try? thanks

2. brianslawncare

anyone have any info? thanks

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I had that trimmer.... always had similar problems as you are describing. My dealer was always able to some how adjust it in a way that I couldnt to get the blades moving again. The gear box finally died on me this year and was told that a new gear box on them is very pricey... like $250.00+ so I went with a new one instead. Dont dump too much money into this trimmer. They stopped making it a couple years ago and parts are getting harder to aquire im told.

4. brianslawncare

thanks i will keep that in mind. what brand trimmer did you buy?