Little wonder walk behind blower

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dmjadamski, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Dmjadamski

Dmjadamski LawnSite Member

looking into buying a little wonder blower. It's between the 9hp Honda and 13 hp Honda. Besides price difference there is a weight difference. Can anyone share their experiences between the two. I'm torn if I need the 13 hp or will the 9 do the job

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

You wont regret the 13 hp . You will gain some more muscle pushing it , but you will move more faster

3. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

Get 9
    With back packs running next to it you are fine
    30 years running 9hp
    When. It piles up push it with a mower or tarp it
    I hear 13 blow head gaskets
    Just my thoughts

4. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed

If I could do it again I'd grab the self propelled.

Tempted to grab one of those JRCO blower buggies for the larger properties. The cost alone would've made up the difference for self propelled.........

5. PLLandscape

Not little wonder but here is a comparison video of the different engine options on billygoat. This is what sold me on the 13 little wonder. The 13 definitely performed better than the 9. But the 18 wasn't THAT much better than the 13. So the 13 seemed to make sense to me.

M125X likes this.
  6. MarkH

MarkH LawnSite Member
    from MA

My advice is to invest in the largest piece of equipment you can afford. Even if it seems like overkill you'll grow into it. I have a self propelled 18 HP Little Wonder. It's awesome on bigger properties but If I had to do it over though, I'd invest in leaf plows first.

LawnWaffle and PLLandscape like this.
  7. 3rdDayBrad

3rdDayBrad LawnSite Member
    from MI

In this business, there is no such thing as too much power. Go for the 13HP. model....

PLLandscape likes this.
  8. 71GTX

71GTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT.

We run the 13hp little wonder as well,great machine but if its relentlessly windy like last season it becomes frustrating.

9. M125X

M125X LawnSite Member

All I can say is wow. The video really puts things into perspective.

10. PLLandscape

Some may say that's now how real leaves fall and can't be the same each time, but I don't care. It shows what each blower does and I can say I think it's spot on.