1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Loading push mower on tongue

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Wacker, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Wacker

Wacker LawnSite Member

I have a 7x12 with double gates. I have a 48" ztr up front and a 54" on the back. My question is has anyone made a mount for the tongue of the trailer to put a push mower on? I don't use it very often so I am trying to not have to unload it every time I have to use my big mowers.

2. prezek

prezek LawnSite Senior Member

How long is the tongue? Wouldn’t you crush it on tight turns?

zlandman likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Wacker

Wacker LawnSite Member

The tongue is 45 inches wide at the trailer and the mower is only 22 inches wide. And is only 40 inches long I am thinking going long ways with the trailer not side ways

4. prezek

I understand. I would jackknife your truck and trailer simulating a tight maneuver, then see if you can sit your mower on the tongue where you envision it before building anything.

Brucey and dieselss like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Wacker

Wacker LawnSite Member

I planned on it. Have you seen anyone do this kind of setup. I am just trying to get everything on my trailer instead of having to unload anytime I need the truck for my personal use

6. prezek

I see some decent sized toolboxes on some tongues. I know I couldn’t on any of my trailers. I have a spare tire mounted low on the tongue of one trailer and even that is tight.

7. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

There’s a larger company that made a small platform and put their push mower where you described. Seems to work fine for them

8. OP
    OP
    Wacker

Wacker LawnSite Member

And they just put a push mower on it?

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I don’t think it’s used often.. it’s bungeed too. The platform has a 2X4 box holding around the base, I seen them turning at a light, it doesn’t move

10. OP
    OP
    Wacker

Wacker LawnSite Member

Awesome I will do another measure and do pictures of it once I am done with it.

JLSLLC likes this.