Lawn Care Forum banner

Local BNI Network

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Bad Ram2500 
#1 ·
My insurance agent leads the local BNI Network, and asked me if I would like to join. Ever hear of this? Basically its a group of business owners, they use each other for referals...ie there is no landscaper in the group, and once one joins no other is allowed too. Sounds like a good idea, just the fact that meetings are every thurs morning....can't miss more than 3 a year. Any advice?

#2 ·
I’ve been in a BNI group all last year and finally quit in November. The biggest problem is the leads. First, the ones I got were mostly non-leads. They were from members either questions or wanting some personal work done… maybe. The good ones, actual referrals, were few and far between for me. The other problem was the leads I did get were all over town.

Next is the problem of producing leads. I was too busy to mingle with people who might have needed the services of the other members, so each week I almost hated to attend without a good lead. I felt a lot of pressure going there.

Then there is the problem of time. We met every Wednesday at 7a for breakfast, but didn’t get to passing out the leads until around 8:15a. It was 8:30 or later when I got out of there. Too late for me.

It cost me about $250 for the year’s membership, and I believe I can spend that $250 in a much more effective way this year. I’m going to do flyers again this year, and maybe a newspaper ad.

#5 ·
BNI is a farely decent organization, i belong to the livonia, mi chapter and we are allmost 45 members strong and still growing. I have had some of the same problems as Likestomow, but i would just blow off any leads that would not work and every one understand that unless the leads are totally pre-qualified i will not pruse it at all. It has got me some good money accounts and some good friendships. All and All it has been worth the money:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.