local HD has used BillyGoat Brush Hog

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by Tony Barnhill, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Tony Barnhill

Tony Barnhill LawnSite Member

Hi, I was going to rent a hydraulic BillyGoat Brush Hog from Home Depot this week for $350/week but they have a used one for sale for $1100. I was thinking of getting it, but they told me they're waiting on a belt to sell it. Anybody know/think I should or shouldn't pick up this used equipment? I'm sure it's been abused, but at the same time it's been serviced regularly. I could use this daily for a year on my property and never be finished, so having one all of the time is appealing.

Thanks for any input.

2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

If you can do your own repairs or have a good small engine repair place if needed
    I'd say go for it

3. Tony Barnhill

I just talked to their service tech and he said he installed a new transmission last week, and a new belt and plugs this week. Sounds like a win!

hort101 likes this.
  4. code54

code54 LawnSite Member

I would grab it for the price and with a new tranny

5. Tony Barnhill

I picked it up for $1050. Ran it for a couple of hours this evening, everything worked great.

bmc1025 and hort101 like this.
  6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a $4k (retail) asrator a few years ago from he used for $900 plus with a little haggling got them to throw in $100 of "whatever I wanted from the store" for free. It's worked great. Had 40 hrs on it when I got it.

hort101 likes this.