1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Local LCO needed for Lawn Renovation

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Alto101, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

I would like to overseed my lawn this fall using a slit-seeder. I know that I can rent one, but I would be afraid that I would do more damage to my lawn since I have never used on before. I am trying to find LCO's in this area, but either they don't call me back or they have a minimum charge that far exceeds my budget. I already purchased the grass seed that I want to use.
    I have a 1/4 acre lot so even if you are not in my area, if you could provide an estimate for what you would charge I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Ryan

I live in the Louisville, KY metro area on the Indiana side of the river. Zip code is 47150.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

my min. with a lesco renovator is $250

Mac

3. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

Mac,

How many square feet would you do for that minimum? I was told by several local LCO's that their minimum was $500, but $250 sounds a lot more reasonable. Hopefully, there is someone in this area who would be willing to work for $250.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I would do up to 10,000 sq. ft. but that price does not include material. Since you already have the seed it should not take over an 1 to 1-1/2 hours to complete. If you can't find anyone let me know and I will do it on my way to the expo in Louisville

Mac

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member