Locke Triplex Commercial Mower - 75"

FPEquip

LawnSite Member
Hello,

I have TWO Locke Triplex Commercial Mowers. Both are 75" and have reverse. I'm not sure if I want to keep or sell them, but what are they really worth?

Where can I identify the age of these machines?

Also have seven extra reels and an assortment of extra parts. Below are several pictures of the 9HP machine:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
FPE

LockeMower_1.jpg

LockeMower_2.jpg

LockeMower_3.jpg

LockeMower_4.jpg

electric

LawnSite Member
Hello,
I sold two of them that were triplex and hardly ever used. Put them on eBay and a collector was the high bidder at 2k. The problem with them is that they are no longer made and not popular because of the maintenance and grinding and lapping them, no one does anymore. You will be lucky to get a few hundred fore ea. Rotary mowers take the abuse and cheaper to maintain. Lockes cut nice.
I have TWO Locke Triplex Commercial Mowers. Both are 75" and have reverse. I'm not sure if I want to keep or sell them, but what are they really worth?

Where can I identify the age of these machines?

Also have seven extra reels and an assortment of extra parts. Below are several pictures of the 9HP machine:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
FPE
Posted via Mobile Device

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
I think you're best bet is to get scrap value for them. If I remember correctly, they weigh a ton! My grandfather had one and I thought I could use the engine for a go-kart. When I took it apart, the engine had a pto on the side which basically made it useless. Honestly the engine isn't worth much and no one uses that type of mower for landscaping. The only place I have seen reel mowers used is on a golf course.

Doug