• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Logo....Does it need a background?

Premier landscaping south

LawnSite Senior Member
This will be going on a white truck. I would like it as large as possible on truck door/doors, it is a 04 F-150 ext cab. I have been fooling around with solid backgrounds but have found none I like. Designed this on a 9 dollar program from Best Buy and I am not a design artist by any stretch of the imagination so be easy on me.

green premier x.jpg

CGlisson

LawnSite Member
I think you're off to a great start! What program did you use? I wish I knew of one before I had mine done!!

In regards to the background I think you are right. It does seem fairly plain. I think even adding your phone number at the bottom might help balance it out. Perhaps you could just add a green border with the same yellow shadowing?

Also, not sure if the P is supposed to be capitalized. I'm curious how it would look having them more uniform.

The "&" symbol is pretty sweet looking, but almost distracting. I found myself looking at the the whole time trying to figure it out rather than remembering your business name. Just a thought to keep in mind.

Like I said, looks great!

OP

LawnSite Senior Member
I think you're off to a great start! What program did you use? I wish I knew of one before I had mine done!!

In regards to the background I think you are right. It does seem fairly plain. I think even adding your phone number at the bottom might help balance it out. Perhaps you could just add a green border with the same yellow shadowing?

Also, not sure if the P is supposed to be capitalized. I'm curious how it would look having them more uniform.

The "&" symbol is pretty sweet looking, but almost distracting. I found myself looking at the the whole time trying to figure it out rather than remembering your business name. Just a thought to keep in mind.

Like I said, looks great!
Thanks.

This is "Logo Design Shop" by Summitsoft. $9.99 at Best Buy. Great tool for the money. It did take some time to get used to though.

I never thought about the capital or no capital option. I will play around some more.

I am doing the 1-800-mow-my-lawn deal so I might play around with adding the #.

Thanks for your input my friend.