Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is geared more towards the small and one man LCO's....

Did you guys have your logo shirts embroidered?

I am looking at some embroidedred golf shirts, and the setup fee for the machines blows my mind. This is the fee to have my logo punched so that the machines can read it. The per shirt fee is actually lower than I thought. But at the currently breakdown 1 shirt = $90. 2 shirts = 51.50 each. 3 shirts = 38.60 each and 4 = 32.25 each.

·
Former Moderator
6,065 Posts
I guess the first thing to ask yourself is when do you plan on wearing these?
If you plan to use these shirts to work in, you might want to rethink things.
Polo shirts are really hot to work in. Our first year we bought 24 of them. Don't remember the exact price but they were roughly $250.00 for 24. We got 12 white and 12 hunter green ones.
We rarely wear these. Not even on estimates anymore. They are just too hot.

For us, t-shirts with our name work out better for us. Much cooler to work in amd more comfortable.
Just something for you to consider when making your choice.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
I have Tshirts for all of the men and myself
Polo's for me, and a couple for the men if they want to wear something nice.
Tank tops for one guy that likes wearing them.
Caps.
Hooded Sweatshirts for everyone
Knitted hats for everyone
3 Season Jackets for myself and 3 of the men.

Have now ordered more Sweatshirts and button downs for me.

All with Company Logo

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the T]shirts, are they screen printed or embroidered?

Blades of Steel....did that include taking your logo, or did they create something for you?

My email is [email protected]. I can't find yours....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had some ebroidered- They charged $100 just to get the logo onto the computer-
I purchased the shirts and they did a shirt for around $8
I just wnet to GAP and got some great shirts- very cheap

Keep in mind- now they have your logo on file- so next time you don't have to pay the extra $100

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Ours are embroidered polo shirts and are VERY comfortable to work in. They are either an Ivory color with forest green collars and sleevebands (old ones), or white with the same color collars and sleeve bands (newer ones). Our logo os sort of "built right in" to the letters, so it didn't really cost anything for the set-up. Ours were around 12 to 15 bucks apiece, I believe, but they are Cross Creek and 100% cotton.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I had polos with embroidered company logo done & I love them. Moss with cream lettering. They're very sharp. I had a batch of ball caps embroidered too. The polos come in a lot of different weights, so I went with a high quality light weight shirt & I don't think they are any hotter to work in than a t-shirt.

Check with your local screen printers, but for me the time of year I purchased made a HUGE difference in price. That's because I live in a tourist driven area. I had mine made in the winter for about $16.00 each & no minimum order (got 2 dozen). Now, had I ordered in the spring or summer the minimum would have been 12 dozen.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Originally posted by cklands
screen printed t-shirts for dirty work, embroided polo's for estimates
This is my plan...had some polo's made free of charge...going out with a girl that knows somebody. Thinking of screen printing my own this winter.

MATT

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have T-Shirts screened printed for my 3 workers. Gave them 5 each so they have NO EXCUSE to not have a clean one each day. Bought the shirts at SAM'S CLUB for $5 each. Screen printer charges $5 each shirt for printing logo on front & logo and text on back. ($20 set-up fee the FIRST time) As they start getting gross from mulching, etc. I go to Sam's and get some more. Have done this 4 or 5 times. $10 total, can't beat it.

For me I have some work shirts like above. I also had some POLO type shirts screen printed with same as work shirts. $5 for screen printing and $15 for shirts. Also had some POLO shirts EMBROIDERED with GRASS BUSTERS. It was $16 for the embroidery alone. Again brought them shirts that I had already purchased. A little more expensive, but a cleaner more professional look.

For people that are in cold weather climates, I bought some HEAVY SWEATSHIRTS. Like the kind the NFL players get. They are double thick and are OVER-SIZED. Got them from a place in California for about $25 each. Had them embroidered with GRASS BUSTERS for $5 extra. I think they are AWESOME, especially for the price. If anyone is interested in these, email me and I will look for the company name and phone #.

Mike

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm looking to have some polo shirts embroidered, but for my t-shirts I do them myself. I made the design on the computer and duplicated it 10 times to fit on one 8X10 sheet of paper. Then I found some iron-on transfer paper at Meijer and printed onto that. Make sure you configure the printer to print backward or in reverse so it will be normal when you iron the design w/ logo on the shirt. One other thing, you can't use white lettering. The printer doesn't have white ink. Cost was $20 for 3 t-shirts and $6 for paper (4 sheets=40 transfers) plus cost of ink. Oh, I used printmaster publishing suite 7.0 program. I'm sure there are plenty of others you can use.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
work_it....you are right. This is what I am going to do. I have ordered 50 cloroplast signs, H stakes and screen. A few more thing and I will be ready. The signs and stakes were $1.25 each and the screen was $35. I can't wait to set up shop and get to printing.

MATT

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I have a friend that owns a screen printing business, I mowed his lawn and sprayed round-up around fence line. Took maybe half hour, anyway, hes printed up about 10 T-shirts, a long sleeve T and 20 stubbie (beer) holders. This all cost me $50au or $34US. Its who you know!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
i got my t-shirts screen printed--one color that the crew wears, and some of another color for me to give out to people---roaming billboards

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.