Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Now I have to go to the seminars at the conference to maintain my credits.

Have noticed that the Cooperative extension has cut way back on providing seminars

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
GLAN, I believe that is just a result of budget cuts, they even closed the Plainview office.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
No seeding yet, looks like another couple of weeks before we get going with that. We are finishing up a big install job that has occupied most of the month of August. I need some time to breathe and start scheduling the fall work:dizzy: Mike

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How are you all coming along with the aerating and seed?

The rain last week. Labor Day week. Was a disapointment. Completed several on Saturday.

Will finish next week

·
Registered
61 Posts
from massapequa originally moved down to the sunshine state about 10 yrs ago! winters to long summers to short , good lawn business here only in my third season, the problems is finding help that can, work in the heat! no matter how much u pay a hr!

·
Registered
10 Posts
south shore western suffolk here still trying to get out. Tired of the biz but were hanging tough here getiing redy for aerating thatching and seeding. weathers been good to us and now im heading to yaphank to go dump the truck yeah!!!!!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I hear ya. Still holding on huh? I know you have been looking to get out for a while now. Unfortunately I got stuck cutting grass this week with a foreman on jury duty. Man I forgot how much I HATE cutting!!. Nothing like a cold one after doing 96 lawns in 2 days. :weightlifter:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats up Paponte? yep still here Its tuesday and this weather sux i know if i call the guys in its gonna start rainin again and ill have to listen to them *****. Should i fish or try to get at least half the route done so that saturday i can start seeding. Sats gonna rain in the morning too. oh look suns out I hate days like this i wish it would just pourand make up my mind for me. Whelp have a nice day. Felt good to vent

·
Registered
20 Posts
bellmore and baldwin longisland for 29 years.. little over two years here in colorado.. temps got into the 30-40's last few nights in the denver metro with light snow here and their above 8000 ;) forget the grass and wax ya ski's

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.