1. Ask the Expert: Live Event with Koch - What's In The Bag?: March 22, 2018
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: March 22, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Long time Lurker, first time poster.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Capt J-rod, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Capt J-rod

Capt J-rod LawnSite Member

Hi guys. As the title states, I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to make a post. I don't really consider myself a "lawn care" business owner, but I end up mowing a lot of grass. I have 5 rental properties, and a maintenance company. I mostly do HVAC, plumbing, and electrical, (licensed and insured) but I also do many other jobs. I am a lone wolf, but I have 3 retired guys that always tag along for entertainment lol. This year it is time to buy a new mower. Last year I ended up picking up 2 more yards around my rentals and 4 families that go on vacation. After reading hundreds of your threads I have narrowed it down to either a Scag TT2 or a Ferris 3200. The biggest reason being the dealerships close to me. Everything else is 30-40 mins away. I am leaning towards scag at the moment. Any thoughts would be appreciated between the two, the money between isn't that significant and I want a mower that will give me solid service for 10 years. I average 150ish hours per year. FWIW I'm in north central Ohio.
    kabrac likes this.
  2. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

I have no experience with Ferris other than what I read on here. I myself run scag turf tigers, I haven’t run the turf tiger 2 yet but it’s still basically the same machine but you definitely won’t go wrong with scag. Just make sure you have a good dealer that stands behind their product.
    Capt J-rod likes this.