1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Longest Day ever?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Eho, Apr 17, 2005.

1. pwarren4

pwarren4 LawnSite Member

90?!?!?!?

uhummm.....

2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Back in '96, I lived in Atlanta when the Olympics came to town. We had properties downtown that were closed off to vehicular traffic except between the hours of midnight to 5 am. Several of our other properties were affected to due to their proximity to events. It was a Wednesday evening, about 6pm and we were just about to go home, when someone had to idea to come back at 10pm and start our day. :help: We did not stop until 6:30am on Friday. We mowed for 36 hours straight, only taking breaks for meals. ;) We did only commercial office parks, so they were well lit and empty. I did that several other times that summer, just not for 36 hours, more like 20 or so. Our days always started at 3 am, and we typically finished about 5:30 pm everyday. That summer I averaged 75 hours in 5 days. :dizzy: Never again!!! I keep my guys at 40!!! :D

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, glad to see I'm not hte only crazy one. 36hrs straight plowing, and for landscape work we pulled a 7am-11pm once with 4 guys. payup

4. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

6:30 in the morning to 9:30 at night fertilizing houses. 10 pallets of fert that day with 1 other guy. Two spreaders and a Z with mounted spreader.

5. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

yes me and another guy did 90 homes this past saturday

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

7am - 9pm.

Mowing, had to stop couldn't see anymore.. we were leaving mohawks.

7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta call bull**** on this unless you are doing mobile home trailers

language

8. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

and longest day mowing was 30 hours strait when we had 4-5 days of rain last year, I finally said f-it and bought a friggin wetsuit and cut in the rain, it ended about 6-8 hours into my mowing marathon