1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Longest time in the saddle??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Aug 12, 2004.

1. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

What is the longest time that you run a mower with out stopping? On one job I run 4 hours and 15 min. on the Z and than switch to the WB for about 3.5 hours. Just wondering what some of your run times were.

What did you think I was asking about??

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Given what we talk about I kinda figured it out.

My longest time is about 3 hours on the Dixie. Even at that my old bones (46 years) don't want to walk around after that.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my longest time was a little over 3 hours on the walk behind standing on the sulky.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Before i sold out we had people in the seat at times 6 hours. Now i spend up to two hours standing on a pro-slide pushing a TT.
    John

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I can deal with extended mowing time. What I hate is when you get done mowing a group of 5 or 6 lawns, and you know you're staring at an hour or more solid of trimming. Not my favorite thing in the world.

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

That has got to kill your back...

7. dkarol

dkarol LawnSite Member

We mow a manufactured home community with 3 mowers (a 52" and 2 - 42" Z's) for 11 hours (33 man hours) with only a lunch break and a few stops for gator aid refills. Trimming and blowing is done by 5 other guys.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Camland-- I feel better after riding the velke than sitting on the Z. Even with the full suspension seat it can be a rough ride. Bummer when the smoothest ride you get all day is a 1 ton dulie.

9. LakeMurrayLawns

LakeMurrayLawns LawnSite Member

I spent 4 hours on a bush hog took 30 min for lunch and got back on for 3 more hours. Loaded up drove for 20 min and rode for another hour.

10. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i have an account that i had to ride for 3 hours because grass was so tall other then that it takes 2 hours to cut and that is going at full speed and it is a bumpy ride at 9.5 mph.