look wat i founded

tmf lawn care

LawnSite Senior Member

MattnSTL

LawnSite Member
A former housing project building with twelve floors just a little north of downtown St. Louis was demolished over the summer with two E-50's and a skid steer. The rest of the complex had already been brought down with a wrecking ball a few years prior, and new buildings had been built adjacent to the building under demolition. All of the debris was processed and crushed on site. Of course, I neglected to take any pictures during the months long demo, even though I drove by every day.

queen of spades

LawnSite Member
I read that the excavators are hoisted to the top by crane to hammer large pieces that can't be broken up by hand. When the large stuff is sufficiently broken down, they hoist the machine back to the ground and let the workers take over again until the next floor.

In China they have a different way of looking at the economy, jobs and work. They encourage companies to use as much hand labor as possible to give people jobs, that in turn buy **** in their economy, and make their economy grow. Kind of ass backwards from how we do things here right now.

Absolutely no worker safety standards, other than the ocassional safety harness.

Wouldn't be surprised if that operator (12-story guy) is paid zilch, he may be forced up there to work off a sentence - who knows. Doubt he is paid much at all if he is on someone's payroll.

hvy 1ton

LawnSite Senior Member
is this what i think it is??

Chinese apartment complex that they messed up building a parking garage. They dug the hole on one side and piled the spoil on the other. Sheared the foundation piers right off.