1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at 95 CTD

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Dstosh, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

My brother and I went to look at a 95 cummins turbo diesel for him today. It has a 149, 500 miles on it and it has some Rust on it. The guy had the thing started when we came because we called ahead. That sort of set off a few red flags in my head.
    I would like to go back to look at it again..but what are the things that I should note and look out for? It has been a work truck, I needs a new rear bumper, the drivers side seat needs to be recovered/replaced and the truck needs a new paint job with in the next 2 years or so.
    It has a 7.5 western unimout on it. He said that it has a new tranny that is one season old, he says it "has a new front end", new front drive shaft and it had a salter on the back so he beefed up the rear springs. He is asking $7,850 and my powerstroke had 166k on it when I bought it for $12,000 and I ended up putting a new torque converter in it with in the first month that I had it. I dont want to go down that road again. Also if anyone can give me a ball park for a price on a paint job that would be great.
    Thanks Derek