Looking at purchasing a CUT, need opinions

Smith Lawn & Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Like the title states I'm looking at purchasing a compact tractor for our business, we are starting to get more into hardscapes and clearing jobs. For my service area we have john deere, kubota, and mahindra in the area. Not interested in a dingo or skid right now.

We are looking at the john deere 1025r, kubota bx2680 and mahindra max 24. Any help would be appreciated in the subject. Thanks

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
I’d recommend looking at a B26 Kubota. It’s a real compact backhoe, not a tractor and it’s twice as capable as the little tractor of similar size.

OP
S

Smith Lawn & Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
I’d recommend looking at a B26 Kubota. It’s a real compact backhoe, not a tractor and it’s twice as capable as the little tractor of similar size.

I thought about them but I was concerned with being able to haul it with our 6x12 dump. I have a bigger trailer if need be but just a thought. Thanks

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
You didn’t mention getting a backhoe or not ( I would it’s a big asset and a hydraulic thumb makes it even better) but I don’t think think you could haul any of the 4 on a 12’ trailer with the backhoe attached. The backhoe is removable from a B26 like the other machines to allow more clearance when needed.

OP
S

Smith Lawn & Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
You didn’t mention getting a backhoe or not ( I would it’s a big asset and a hydraulic thumb makes it even better) but I don’t think think you could haul any of the 4 on a 12’ trailer with the backhoe attached. The backhoe is removable from a B26 like the other machines to allow more clearance when needed.

Yes, I definitely want to add a backhoe attachment. I'm looking into the 2601 now for lift capacity and comparables.

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
The 2601 isn’t the same thing as a B26. The B26 and it’s bigger brothers ( I have an M59 ) are construction grade compact backhoes and there’s a big difference in them and a tractor with a backhoe attachment.

CA12D430-45D1-4083-9CFB-4580D4F026D9.png

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
You listed several SCUTs. A CUT, like a B26, is another class up.

I agree with MM, I think you'd be better off with a true CUT class machine for commercial use. I'd go with either JD or Kubota for performance in either class though.

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
You listed several SCUTs. A CUT, like a B26, is another class up.

I agree with MM, I think you'd be better off with a true CUT class machine for commercial use. I'd go with either JD or Kubota for performance in either class though.
John Deere doesn’t make a equal to the B26. They used to make a 110 but it was quite a bit bigger than the B26 at around 7,000 pounds and now discontinued.