• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Looking for a 21"!

4curbappeal

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm looking for a 21" mower. It will only be used about 20 minutes a week. Does anyone recomend something for under $300! I saw a Husqvarna self propelled at Tractor Supply for $299. Anyone own one! I am not wanting to spend much. Still have another month before I start getting some checks in! Thanks!!

lawnspecialties

LawnSite Silver Member
I have a Husqvarna 21" I bought from Lowe's two summers ago and love it. At first I used it quite a bit but now only once or twice a week. Does this Husky you're looking at have a Honda or Kawasaki? That's a big consideration.:)

Precision Lawns

LawnSite Senior Member
With a push mower you're just buying an engine with a blade bolted to it. make sure you get a good, reliable engine and you're set. I wouldn't spend over $250 unless you're looking to put some serious time on it.

OP

4curbappeal

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't know, but I will check! I take it you prefer the Kawi?

nickslawn

LawnSite Member
I use a yardman select 21". Its is the 3 n 1 mower with a 5.5 hp honda. That is all I use. IT has a great motor. I have only had the motor pull real hard yesterday when I was mulching about 8"-12"of leaves with it. Its a great little purchase. $208 at least at my local walmart. the mower is made by mtd. it is in my avator.

dwost

LawnSite Bronze Member
Husqvarna has some residential mowers with Kawi and Honda engines. I think either one will suffice. TSC also has their brand "Huskee" that apparantly has a model this year with the 6.5hp Kawi. There was a post on this last week. That too would work fine. The engine would probably outlast the deck but for only 20 minutes per week, it will last for a long time.