Looking for a compost site

noahlanglais

LawnSite Member
I’m in Elk River Minnesota looking for a compost site within about 15-20 miles that allows for commercial use and a yearly rate instead of by cubic yard. Does anyone know any spots that fit this description.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Does your local town compost items, or maybe other major towns around you? If so can you call them and see where they take things to be composted. I would doubt anyone would do a yearly rate, I may be wrong.

Here there are mulch manufacturers that will take chipped wood at zero cost, and un chipped brush as low as $5.00 a yard. You might want to search for people making mulch.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think the OP is looking for somewhere to dump yard waste from lawn crews at the end if the day. Cere's enviormental had a place by the airport 25 years ago worked liked Noah asked about but they only accepted logs and brush.
I would be looking for a farmer with a dead gravel pit to dump at. Is the guy with the giant windmill still around? He seemed like the kind of guy that would do something like this. The one that also used to sell bear bait.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I’m in Elk River Minnesota looking for a compost site within about 15-20 miles that allows for commercial use and a yearly rate instead of by cubic yard. Does anyone know any spots that fit this description.
lol yearly rate?
That would last long enough for someone to take egregious advantage of and then that would be canceled.
and you’re looking for something like that to be close to you?
As if they are all over , in the first place?

Top Forums