• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Looking for a faster or simpler way to remove that old engine oil?

cmurphy128

LawnSite Member
Looking for a faster or simpler way to remove that old engine oil?

You may want to look at some of the oil evacuation systems that are on the market. Many dealers use these types of devices. It's a lot like a vacuum cleaner. You stick the hose down the dip stick tube and suck the old oil out. Remember to change the filter!

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
no offense, but how much faster could it be than draining the oil.

OP
C

cmurphy128

LawnSite Member
it may not be faster in all cases but consider clean up time if the mower you are changing the oil too gets oil all over the place.

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
i am sure that some kind of vacuum gadget would be about the same time or a bit faster in most cases. but the old method doesn't take long enough to warrant buying the latest fashionable gizmo, in my mind.

vadeere

LawnSite Member
The only application where this is realistic is on inboard boats. Where you can not get at the drainplug due to the bottom of the boat. These systems are not that great because no matter how good you are, you always leave a little bit of oil. Just my $0.02

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I only have one mower where a extracted would remedy it, but other than that, I have no use for them. Just tip, unplug, drain, plug, and fill with oil.

STAN1366

LawnSite Senior Member
I've got 4 cars, 1 truck, & 6 machines. It might pay me to get something like this, but dumping the oil when it's hot and letting it drain overnight is the easiest.