Looking for a ggod quality Landscape weed barrier?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ranger520, May 4, 2003.

  1. ranger520

    ranger520 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 231

    Can anyone recommend a good quality landscape weed barrier and a source for it?

  2. NYRookie

    NYRookie LawnSite Member
    Messages: 240

    Check with your local conservation service agency. My uncle is the field manager where I live and they sell fabric, tile, culverts and seed. I buy #500 strengh, 12' wide for $.60 a linear ft.
  3. greenman

    greenman LawnSite Addict
    Messages: 1,405

    Nope, I dont use it!! My weed barrier is mulch, mulch and more mulch.
  4. Lombardi

    Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 538

    Preen and mulch.
  5. Green Pastures

    Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,457

  6. ranger520

    ranger520 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 231

    What about under Rock
  7. greenman

    greenman LawnSite Addict
    Messages: 1,405

    The fabric works great under rock.
  8. ksss

    ksss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,170

    I use Petramat. It is as good as I have found. Petramat is used under asphalt as underlayment. It comes in many different weights. The only problem with it is it comes in 12' or 15' lengths and there is about 300' linear feet per roll. They are hard to handle. We cut them in half with a chain saw. You can find the stuff at asphalt supply companies. Also to cut around sprinklers trees, curbing and the like we use a handheld propane torch. Works great. Much better then trying to cut the stuff with a sissors or knife.
  9. JimLewis

    JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,876

    I can get you some really good stuff. 300' roll by 3' wide is about $20 or $25 I think. I don't know how much it would cost me to ship it to you but it couldn't be that much. This is a great deal on some very good stuff. Or I could put you in contact with my (local) supplier and you could buy directly from them or ask them where they get it and call the company who makes it and ask for a local supplier. Email me if interested......

Share This Page