• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

looking for a new installation method...

arnoldoutdoor

LawnSite Member
my current method for installing lawn edging is to first mark the area with either marking paint or chalk line chalk sprayed from its bottle. I then cut the line all around with a standard Stihl stick edger. with a good clean line cut in the turf, i am then able to use a trenching shovel to dig the trench for the edging, and have a good, solid surface to spike the edging to. Once the edging is on and backfilled, i then cut the sod inside the planting bed into strips with the edger, and remove it with one of those shovel-handled turf lifters. It's a pretty efficient way to do the job with only basic tools, but it takes more time than i'd like. Now, without goung out and buying one of those gas-powered rolling edging trenchers, (bluebird bed-bug, etc.) has anyone found a more efficient method or tool for cutting planting beds?

Gilla Gorilla

LawnSite Senior Member
Yeah, get a employee to do it while you do the mulching or something else at that house. LOL

No really the only thing that I have found that is easy when it comes to cutting a new bed edge is my Brown Bed Edger. The best 2K that I have spent in the last two years.
I can redefine 450' of edge in less then 10 minutes and ready to mulch.