Looking for Advice on a new Controller

Jeff Lewis

LawnSite Member
I am a Homeowner with a 3 zone Richdel Sprinkler system. My Richdel Controller is the 446PR, it intermittently does not work. I want to replace it with a new Controller, one that is easier to Program eyc. 1. Can I replace just the Controller and not the rest of the system? 2/ Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Jeff L.

Delmarva Keith

LawnSite Senior Member
If you’re reasonably handy and can follow directions, replacing a controller is not hard.

My favorite is Hunter Pro-C. Also get a wireless rain / freeze sensor for it. I use the Irritrol RFS1000. There are plenty of more sophisticated IoT enabled controllers with all sorts of very handy automation but if you want a workhorse that will last forever and is very simple to program, Hunter Pro-C.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I am a Homeowner with a 3 zone Richdel Sprinkler system. My Richdel Controller is the 446PR, it intermittently does not work. I want to replace it with a new Controller, one that is easier to Program eyc. 1. Can I replace just the Controller and not the rest of the system? 2/ Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Jeff L.
You can buy them with WiFi now and control it with your phone from Tahiti on vacation.