Looking for best granular applicator for pre emergent in beds

CK82

LawnSite Senior Member
Guys,

Looking for any knowledge on applicator equipment for smaller to mid sized floer beds and landscaped areas for granular pre emergents. Weve used small hand crank spreaders in the past, I'd like something that allows you to get closer to the ground but still broadcast somewhat. Rittenhouse has a few backpack types but they look like there for greenhouses working around or with potted plants. Please help!

OP
C

CK82

LawnSite Senior Member
Also some sort of scoop with holes similar to whats supplied with Preen, but larger may work as well. If anyone knows of some brands or suppliers.

Thank you.

OP
C

CK82

LawnSite Senior Member
The solo belly "chest" spreader looks like it would work good. Thanks!

Anyone using the newer Snapshot dg I believe it is, the season long product?? What rates are you achieving good results. Any tips on application. We've used it in the past and followed the spec's, just curious.

Thank you,
Chris

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
I was looking at a stihl sr450 backpack blower/ spreader. I have tons of landscaping around buildings to spread snapshot on, where the mulch beds extend out from the buildings about 5 feet. A lot of the shrubbery in these beds are full grown so I thought the sr 450 could be handy at blowing the granuals low to the ground and getting it in places that a chest spreader wouldn't.

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
the only problem I see with the SR 450 stihl is how do you calibrate it and apply evenly?