Looking for cleaning tips, please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Derwood, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Derwood

Derwood LawnSite Bronze Member

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to use to make cleaning off this older, caked on grass residue go a little easier. Is there anything I can use to reduce the amt of elbow grease?

20190406_103106.jpg

2. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

I wet my wheels down then apply a product called spray nine and it works well. Using spraynine directly can eat the paint. Applying over an already wet surface keeps it from eating the paint. Once it’s sprayed on ,let it sit for about a min or so and the dried on grass comes right off with a rag or scrub brush. As soon as your done scrubbing rinse with water.

Running my quikchute partially open it directs grass towards the rear tire and I constantly fight the green wheel and tire problem. My method cleans it right up. My .02

3. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member
    from NWI....

Pressure washer

4. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

Pressure washer.

5. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I use that purple power degreaser from wal mart works good on my white wheels

6. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

I spray with simple green, then use the back of a sponge. Save your back some effort and jack up the mower and remove the wheel quick.

hort101 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Derwood

Last night I mixed up a little Simple Green and sponged it on a couple times, and let it sit overnight. I think hit it with the power washer today.

8. Eric502

Eric502 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kentucky

LA Awsome from dollar general store..... It will make my trimmers at the end of the season look brand new with very little to NO scrubbing.

FitzRightMowingService and Cam15 like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Derwood

Thanjs for the suggestions... I will pick up some of that dollar store stuff and give it a try.

I power washed them yesterday. They look good for the most part. I didn't scrub anything because I wasn't trying to make them perfect. But they did definitely need a good once over.

hort101 likes this.
  10. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

A little elbow grease and you would have had that clean already. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. a wash mit, sponge, scotch pad, etc would have that clean in 2 minutes.

The fact that you didn't start by scrubbing is likely the reason you're not having good success.