• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

looking for feed back on the cub cadet m-60

airtime

LawnSite Member
looking at buying a 60" ztr mower. cub cadet, exmark, scag, and grasshopper are my choices. cub cadet is running a special on the m60 tank, 27 hp kohlor motor, $6995 0% financing for 36 months. all the other mowers are in the 8 to 9000 dollar range. what do yaw think about the cub. regular price on the m60 is $8400. thanks gerald

Grass Master

LawnSite Senior Member
Average mowers at best. If you have Lesco in your area you can buy the same machine for less money.

But......spend a little more and get the top of the line!!

OP
A

airtime

LawnSite Member
the 6995 price vs 8900 is a big factor as well as the 36 month no interest financing. but i don't won't to have a bad mower either

wriken

LawnSite Silver Member
as good as any on the market, I have a 48" w/b hydro, a m-60 tank, 23 hp kaw, and a m-72 28 hp generac. the 48 w/b is leaving soon to trade in for a m-60 w/27 kohlor, there's a rebate for the kohlor motor, till the end of the month. I have had great luck with the mowers, alot of people don't like the cub, for I don't know why, but there pretty much all the same mowers on the market as of now. Who knows if the exmark dealer closer to me then my cub dealer, was'nt a P***K, I could be running their brand.

specialtylc

LawnSite Bronze Member
I bought a MTD Pro MZ54 (same machine as a Cub Tank) in 1998. It will last just as long as any of the other brands. We upgraded to a Kubota ZD21 two years ago. The kubota will out cut the MTD easily. We still use the MTD as our Fert. and spray machine. Its never had a break down.

wriken

LawnSite Silver Member
Originally posted by specialtylc
I bought a MTD Pro MZ54 (same machine as a Cub Tank) in 1998. It will last just as long as any of the other brands. We upgraded to a Kubota ZD21 two years ago. The kubota will out cut the MTD easily. We still use the MTD as our Fert. and spray machine. Its never had a break down.
is it the stamped deck on the mz54, the fab decks are alot better.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by wriken
alot of people don't like the cub, for I don't know why
Just a guess, but I'd say their is no "why" as in they have never even tried one. Well that and normally they are pretty pricey. I kinda darted back and forth during my shopping. I liked the M-60 but not the M-48 due to the 48" rear track width. They also felt like the seat height was a bit high. Neither of the Cub dealers wanted to let me demo either. So I decided for the money, taking the gamble on the Cub was not for me.

Then later I discovered the Lesco Z2 and all Lesco mowers were on sale a the time. So I went to a Lesco 75 +/- miles away. They offered me a deal that in hindsight I should have taken, but I walked due to the distance involved if I had warrenty repairs, they didn't have the mower in stock, and I hadn't demoed yet.

Anyways, I'm not so sure anymore about the seat height thing. It was higher and it felt/looked like the center of gravity wasn't as low as other brands. But I have been surprised at pictures of hills I seen that they mow. Maybe I was wrong.

In any event, if I'm ever in the market for a 54" 60" or 72" mower I will be taking a Cub/Lesco in the field to see how it measures up.

$6,995 is not bad at all....plus 0% for 3 yrs???
Sounds like a no-brainer to me. You should demo one and see how it compairs.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Ahhhh!!!! Now I'm stuck trying to find those pictures. The one I remember was a picture of a larger white house up on a hill with a black Murray rider sitting next to it, the grass was not the best but it was striped and the hill looked like a challenge.

Anyone know what I'm taking about? I hate when this happens. It like when you can't remember where you know someone from.
....well almost. :eek:

lawnrangers

LawnSite Member
the tanks are pretty good machines,i have had 2 and still have one.i would probably still be running tanks,if it wasnt for my PITA dealer... now i run hustlers,they will out cut the tank. but the tank does not measure up to the hustler,in any way...