looking for garden hose

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greens Keeper, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. Greens Keeper

    Greens Keeper LawnSite Member
    Messages: 35

    Anyone know where I can find 5/8 garden hose CHEAP and alot of it? 50 or 100 foot long sections. Thanks
  2. woodycrest

    woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 435

    Judging by your name 'greenskeeper' , i assume you need the hose for watering golf greens. I look after a couple of small golf courses which have no watering systems, and am looking into the simplest way to water without trenching and tearing up the turf. Seem to me 5/8 garden hose would do a fine job of satisfying my watering needs. Just need a suitable pump to get the water from the ponds to the greens, and plenty of hose to carry the water. I dont know where to get it real cheap, but that would be a good idea so you dont have to deal with heavy awkward hose.

  3. TurfGuyTX

    TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW
    Messages: 648

    If the one's at Home Cheapo and Wal-Mart aren't to your liking, then you might do a search on a thing called the internet. :D
    Seriously, I'll try and find some place for you.
  4. lawncare3

    lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,981

    Go to home cheepo. They are good priced and have a LIFETIME warranty.
  5. rvsuper

    rvsuper Senior Member
    Messages: 930

    I'm gettin farmiliar with the equipment at our new course, the old super came in a few times this week and today, and showed me all the equipment, and where to order hoses, chemicals, fertilizer, etc. All we have for hoses at the course is the thick 1" stuff. Every green has a quick coupler in the ground, and when we need to lightly water the greens down or cool them off, we would either connect the hose the quick connect, and spray it down, or run each zone that covers a green on the irrigation system. Like I said, if you need a hose for a golf course type situation, I would go with the thick 1" stuff like we have.

Share This Page