1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

looking for good software program for hardscape company

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pghlandscape, Feb 23, 2008.

1. pghlandscape

pghlandscape LawnSite Member
    from pgh,pa.

I was hoping someone would be able to suggest a software program for me. My company strictly does hardscape (walls, brick pavers, and concrete work) I write all my proposals on site at the time of estimate so I'm not looking for anything to replace that. Basically expense records, and payroll. I write 100% of my expenses from my company check book and just post to ledger sheets under the categories (fuel, repairs, rent, office expense, etc.)now it is a pain in the ass and I'm looking for something that would be neater. I used Quickbooks but found it more then i needed also it was to involved I'm looking to keep it simple, I thought about Quicken but was hoping someone could suggest one or more thanks

2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

QuickBooks Pro + Payroll. Get it all at Sam's Club for about $245 .

Or just QB Pro at Costco.com for $99.

3. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

Yeah, try QuickBooks again. You shouldn't have dismissed it the first time.

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

QB does WAAAY more things than I do. Looking at it for the 1st time today, it may seem a bit complicated than you need.

I would use the "invoice" feature, figure your charges on it, print it on a proposal form, and save it for invoicing after the job is complete. ( I read of this use "in" the program)

5. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

Try MYOB First Edge. I looked at it for my mac an it looked pretty basic. You also may want to look at Microsoft Money, Home & Business.