Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am few weeks out from doing this.. for now i am just gaining some knowledge before i attempt this! I can screw a lot of turf up in A-day if something goes wrong!I

need help figuring out the components and quantities of fertilizer components needed to make a concentrated tote of this fertilizer..
I have a 250 gal plastic tote
LOOKING TO MAKE 20-0-3 with
50% SCRN which i been using from my distributor and spraying with my z spray at a rate of 1/4 lb N at a rate of half gallon per 1000 sf

Thank you in advance

Reactions: The Green One

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Ant,

Hope you are well.

Nine 50 pound bags of UMAXX 46-0-0
Nine 50 Pound Bags of Low Biuret Urea 46-0-0
One Hundred and Twenty Five Pounds of Potassium Sulfate soluble. 0-0-51 (18%S)

Close enough.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ant,

Hope you are well.

Nine 50 pound bags of UMAXX 46-0-0
Nine 50 Pound Bags of Low Biuret Urea 46-0-0
One Hundred and Twenty Five Pounds of Potassium Sulfate soluble. 0-0-51 (18%S)

Close enough.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! I am few weeks out from doing this.. for now i am just gaining some knowledge before i attempt this! I can screw a lot of turf up in A-day if something goes wrong!

Reactions: The Green One

·
Super Moderator
18,748 Posts
Did you intend to dissolve 950 pounds urea in 250 gallons of water?
See:
At what temperature of water?
What type of agitation?

I think you would be wise to let your fert dealer make the formulation--and just let him fill your tote. (Or totes.)
Then pump the solution into your ride-on as needed.
The tote would contain about 2500 pounds of solution--right?

Remember, a highly concentrated solution pulls moisture out of the grass plant. Could be a problem.

Most experts suggest applying the slow-release nitrogen with the spreader part of your ride-on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thank you very much! I am few weeks out from doing this.. for now i am just gaining some knowledge before i attempt this! I can screw a lot of turf up in A-day if something goes wrong!
You are welcome.

Also this will not "Salt Out" in the Toat @ Summer Temps.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here is a picture of a small scale "1 Quart " of the 250 Gal Tote 20-0-3 50%SRN CONCENTRATE, so you can see how the mix looks after 15 minutes @ 68F air temp today.

There IS an Endothermic reaction (Cold) when you add the water, but it will warm to ambient temp in a few hours after the mix is made.

Quart mix is 7oz Umaxx, 7oz low biuret Urea 46-0-0 and 2 oz of Potassium Sulfate 0-0-51 (Solution Grade)

About .42 actual Nitrogen in the quart of concentrate. Enough for 1,700 Sq ft. @ your 1/4 lb Actual N per 1,000.

What is the supplier charging you for the 250 Tote these days?

Green it up!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts