• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Looking for Ideas/Leaf Loader+Dump Trailer

captainsimple

LawnSite Member
My company has a 6x10 ez-dump trailer and just purchased a Little Wonder 16hp leaf loader with swing arm that plugs into the a reciever hitch. Anyone use a setup similiar? I'm looking for ideas as to how to mount a hitch reciever under the dumping trailer and still have everything work properly. If any on has done this, ideas, directions, or pictures would be fantastic thanks.

LwnmwrMan22

LawnSite Platinum Member
I ran a 2x12 into the ramp holder under the backend of the trailer, then mounted the loader onto the 2x12. Hooked the chain up underneath to keep the board from sliding out.

Whenever I wanted to dump the trailer I just slid the blower out from under the trailer, went and dumped, then slid the board / blower back into the ramp holder.

OP
C

captainsimple

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the replies....LB1234, searched all your posts didn't see enough info, tried to pm you, for some reason I can't, so if you could give me more details as to how you mounted the leaf loader to the back of the trailer that would be fantastic, either here, or email me. Thanks again.

walker-talker

LawnSite Platinum Member
The above pic was from MLB Landscaping. This one is from Grounds Keepers. These are from the achives here on Lawnsite. I have many more, but here are just a couple. There are many more here if you do the searching.

Grounds Keeper Leaf Box (3).jpg

walker-talker

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have mine mounted to the front. I had a fabricator build a reciever mount that bolts to the front bumper and frame. The loader is attatched to a bracket that slides into the receiver so that it can be removed if necessary.

My leaf-vac mounted (2).jpg

Shuter

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have the same set up, 6 x 10 dump trailer with a 16 hp Billy Goat. It is mounted on the front of the trailer. When dumping, the vac stays on the front and rises with the dump body. This works out well, because it is out of the way.