• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Looking for ideas on a great yellow page ad

Best Yellow Page Ad in my area is no yellow page ad.....

But...

When I was in Arizona..my best yellow page ad out of 8 years total...was an in column ad....not a display ad.

Try to get your rep to allow you to start the ad w/ "A sprinkler company"....

that way you will be first in line...and do a 2 or 3 inch in column ad that is waaay cheaper than a large display ad.....

My phone rang off the hook the last 2 years that I had that ad.....different market of course, but it worked for me.

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
It might be that a Yellow Pages listing cannot begin with "A" unless it is the actual business name, with documentation to prove it.

"We service what we sell" - is a tried-and-true phrase.

OP
Duramaxsle1

Duramaxsle1

LawnSite Member
They say to use a capitive opening line, something that gives the customer what the want. Not to make your name or how many years you've been around. That's what I am trying to figure out, that perfect line.

My solgan is "Let the Force Be with you"

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
I wanted it once, and was flat out told it was not going to happen unless I made the required changes. Their alternative was for me to buy a bigger display ad. (and why was I not surprised) ~ it can't hurt to ask, in any event. There has to be a reason for all those 'emergency' businesses with a string of A's in their names.