1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for info on Billy Goat Blower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by balms, Dec 8, 2012.

1. balms

balms LawnSite Member

My son does some maintenance at a storage facility and during one of the clean outs he brought home an old Billy Goat blower that was going to a dumpster. It is older and pretty robust (no plastic and heavy). I sent an email to BG hoping they may have a manual and parts list. It is in VG shape and the flat head Kawi started on the second pull! All it needed was tubes in the tires and a new nose wheel, some missing bolts and a few hours of time.

Does anyone have any info that they can share re this machine.

Model: BL85KW
    S/N: 1579

Kawasaki FG300D
    296cc
    7.5 ps. (ps?)

Thanks.

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Must be an older model--in what nosing around I did at www.billygoat.com the model number doesn't show up on their list.

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

It was FREE, it runs, it's old, what more do ya want?????

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

5. balms

balms LawnSite Member

Darryl, thanks for the link, I hadn't looked that far up to now.

Fish, I couldn't be happier with this find. I just really like the older equipment and am trying to get more info about it. Two of my WB's are mid-90's that were resurrected and are very reliable, productive mowers. Like I said I like the older machinery.