1. Ask the Expert: Live Event with Koch - What's In The Bag?: March 22, 2018
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: March 22, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for input...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Paulieg, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Paulieg

Paulieg LawnSite Member

Hoping for some good input. For mowing I run 2 scags, 52" w/collection and 61" Turf Tiger and a Honda 21" HRX. Looking to add a new, smaller, stand-on for a better finished look on my smaller lawns. I currently service appox. 45 lawns, most under half acre. My dealer offers Toro Grandstands and Scag V-Ride 2. I am a Scag guy but always open to options. I need to choose between the Toro 36" or 40" with Turbo Force deck and the Scag Vride2, 36" w/ advantage deck or 48" with Velocity Plus deck. A commercial walk behind or different dealer are not options. I like the smaller footprint of the 36" and 40" but I like the extra coverage/tracking width of the 48". Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. whammer33024

whammer33024 LawnSite Senior Member

this is just my opinion, but if you're willing to consider the 48" then the vride is a no brainer to me. the velocity deck is head and shoulders above the turboforce and advantage deck.

again, this is just my opinion
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input! The VP deck is why I run Scags, a great cut every time.
  4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 52 and a 61 VRide, both awesome. The reason I never pulled the trigger on the 36 VRide is because there is no VP deck.
  5. Paulieg

Paulieg LawnSite Member

Thank you! If scag made the 36 with the VP deck I would not have this post for sure.