1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Insurance company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blakes estates, Mar 2, 2005.

1. blakes estates

blakes estates LawnSite Member

With so many insurance co. out there I could use your help in locating a company that knows our business and is affordable. How much coverage is needed 1,000,000, 2,000,000 ? I perform general landscaping services to residential and commercial sites and also plow both in winter. :help: :help:

2. blakes estates

blakes estates LawnSite Member

I wanted to add that I do not do any pesticide spraying other than round-up, and that i am located in PA.

3. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try ERIE. They should have agents near you, since they are out if Erie, PA. I shopped them and several other companies before purchasing and ERIE was $1,200 less then the nearest competitor for apples/apples coverage. For my Genl Liab policy I have $2,000,000 AGGREGATE & $1,000,000 per occurrence limits. (That means they will pay out up to $1mil per loss; up to 2 times during policy period.) This is usually adequate for any residential and smaller commercial clients. Some BIG commercial accts may want you to carry $5 mil.

Also, ERIE is rated in top 5 in claims handling & customer satisfaction. (I was an insurance agent for 17 years prior to starting my LCO business in 1998.)

Mike

4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I use Erie also. You can check out their website here .