1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Leaf Vacuum.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SodFather, Mar 21, 2001.

1. SodFather

SodFather LawnSite Member

Anybody getting rid of one? or know a good website to buy one at used or new?

Thanks.

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

nothing against leaf vacs but i bought one last year and it just slowed me down, i really don't think its worth it at all.

3. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Slowed you down? We have an 11 hp one, and yes it does take longer to load the leaves,BUT on lawns where I would have had to make 3 trips with trailer we can do in one. Thats where the time is made up.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Are you looking for a vac to suck up debre from the lawn or a truck loader to vac up leaf piles into a truck? I would skip the vac for picking up debre from the lawn. There are faster alternitives.

Gene

5. jetsnow

jetsnow LawnSite Member

i need a vaccum that can suck up acorns, any direction to where i can get one would really help, i just need it for my house so i dont need a super commercial expensive one but any help to where i can find one would help, thanks, sean

6. SodFather

SodFather LawnSite Member

Im looking for a truck loader leaf vac.

7. mflandscape

mflandscape LawnSite Member

Ya a leaf vacuum definately does speed up the process if you have a dump truck. I do highly recommend buying one with over 20 hp because it makes the process that much faster. A vacuum with 16 or less hp does the job because its less tiring and you can carry more leaves, saving time. But a 24 hp vacuum loads leaves fast and also sucks much faster and better. Definately a time saver and well worth the investment. Much faster then barrels or a tarp. Keeps your employees full of energy. Draggin tarps is a killer. I recommend a salsco or a little wonder-honda engine