1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for more business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Chester J Parker, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Chester J Parker

Chester J Parker LawnSite Member
    from Aiken

Just starting out and could use some pointers on getting work

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Passing out brochures or flyers on good streets promoting your work and offering free "Lawn analysis", is the usual method.
    If you can include something valuable so the sales brochure will not be thrown into the dumpster immediately, this is a help. Free coupon for 6 fabulous new-type gladiola bulbs, for example.
    https://www.hollandbulbfarms.com/sp...ls/jumbo-bags/stargazer-lily-bulbs-jumbo-pack

Coupon--for free soil test (with estimate) (or with the first application).
    Soil test can be with pH meter, sent to a lab, or perhaps done at your office with a kit. Or maybe it is a wet method in a glass jar--just to show the percent sand, silt, clay and organic matter.
    Naturally you want to be invited out to their home to deliver the free gift.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    No gloves likes this.
  3. FitzRightMowingService

FitzRightMowingService LawnSite Senior Member

Word of mouth cut your friends and family members lawn and have them spread the word. Make up some cards and do what I did with mine it is cheap and easy to make. 20200208_214519.jpg

No gloves and Jeff@diyokc like this.
  4. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

1 create a facebook page.
    2 google business page
    3 get a website
    4 add in the local paper
    5 facebook adds..

One thing that i think is key about the facebook adds is every person that likes your boosted post.. you can click the likes and then invite them to like your page.. that way when your posting on your page, they see it.. there friends also see that they like your page. gives you a little credibility. Oh and btw.. if your planning on going door to door better check your local city policy. soliciting isnt a good way to start imo.. however door hangers are legal and pretty effective imo.

5. falzoneslawncare

falzoneslawncare LawnSite Member

all great suggestions but don't forget a craiglist paid ad, only $5 an ad for 30 days

6. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

Local paper? What is that? Is that like a phone book or something?????

7. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

To the OP, your introduction was pretty long, so forgive me if I missed something, but what is your target market? Are you looking for residential or commercial customers?

8. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

local newspaper..