1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

looking for quality but versatile stripping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atproperty, Jan 27, 2005.

1. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

anyone know where to find a good striping kit that will install on various mowers, zeros and walk behind? I can not go another season with the kit I have from scag that attaches to the axle rod. I have scag, hustler and one MTD Pro walk behind.

Andre

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I use a chain kit. It will work on just about any mower, will not snag in gate tor irrigation heads ect.Works great.

3. atproperty

Thanks! Where could I purchase them?

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I made mine. Got the chain at Lowes and had the scrap piece of angle handy. I got really big size chain, to increase the striping and limit the possibility of hanging in my trailer gate.

chainstriper.jpg

5. atproperty

That was a great idea. I am use to the roller type that does an awesome job. I do not know, but it seems like the chains would leave an uneven stripe. Please tell me if I am wrong. Is one type less superior than the next? I guess there are chains, roller and squeegy type. I apologize if I am being a pain. I just want to make sure that I do not go from one thing to something inferior. Thank You very much.

6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Here's mine that I made, I haven't seen a mower that it couldn't fit on yet.

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used the chains 2 years ago and did the " mud flap" type made out of an old rubber truck bed liner. Both work very well. The mud flap is the cheapest way to go. You could even have a logo put on the rubber flap.

8. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

cleancut, i was wondering if your stripping kit does a good job, and how did you make it?

thanks

9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some of the pics. I made it using a lot of metal skills, I have a metal bender, chopsaw, welder, and a good imagination.

10. atproperty

here are some of my stripping pics

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape84.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape55.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape54.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape10.jpg

720x540_2004lawnsandlandscape7.jpg