Looking into credit card payments

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Dry Granules, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Dry Granules

Dry Granules LawnSite Member

Hello all, been in fertilization business over 30 years in the metro Detroit area. its December and still have a few to collect from. Made a few reminder calls and the customer asked if I take credit cards. I know times have changed, maybe it’s time to start accepting them. Who is accepting them and through which credit company. Belong to Costco and they have a service that you can obtain. Thanks everyone.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

If your just doing a few cards a month Square is a good option.

3. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

I’ve used Square and now use Stripe through Yardbook. Both have worked well.

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

You probably need to get set up, you will get get your money quicker especially with big companies. I know I need to do this.

5. firecutgrass

firecutgrass LawnSite Member

Which one do you like better?

Pro's and con's for both?

6. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yard book helps with schedule route invoice estimates and credit card payment. It has been something my customers like for the most part and they TIP!
    They process through stripe. Cost is like 3% plus$0.30 per transaction usual deposits in 2-3 days

firecutgrass likes this.
  7. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

I honesty don’t have a preference. Square gives you the reader for your phone so you can swipe on the spot, so if you run pay at service, that might be the advantage. Only reason I switched to Stripe is that it’s the processing used by Yardbook.

8. Dry Granules

Dry Granules LawnSite Member

I have been using Real Greens lawn assistant for over 30 years. Don’t really want to change services. Also, most if not all customers are never home to swipe their cards. Looking for a service that I could possibly add to my web page or they could give me their number and I could post it in my office. I don’t anticipate a ton activity, but it’s nice to offer the added opportunity to make a payment. It would also help me collect from some of the year end deadbeats.

9. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

If you are using real green why not set up merchant services and work on getting customers on auto pay?

10. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

I use joist for my electronic invoices. It gives me the option to turn on/off the credit card option. We pay is the processor. I've been pleased with it.