Looking to buy a 2021 TC2 61"

OP
N

number9

LawnSite Member
Hey thanks for that link, been looking through the posts, hard to follow tho.

With the kids sports schedules, we usually mow with the grass higher than it should be. I'm kinda leaning toward the Vanguard at this point, but still would love any and all feedback possible on the two power choices.

OP
N

number9

LawnSite Member
Pulled the trigger today on a '21 TC2 61" with 32hp Vanguard.

Hopefully it will dry up enough to mow in the next couple days. My first zero turn and just running it around the yard and to the garage I can tell it's gonna take some getting used to.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Pulled the trigger today on a '21 TC2 61" with 32hp Vanguard.

Hopefully it will dry up enough to mow in the next couple days. My first zero turn and just running it around the yard and to the garage I can tell it's gonna take some getting used to.
Yeah it's a learning curve. You can lower that front baffle down all the way and make the stripes pop.

OP
N

number9

LawnSite Member
My mower only came with Scag Operators Manual. Should it have also came with an engine owners manual as well? It's mentioned in the setup sheet the dealer gave me a copy of, but wasn't in the packet they gave me.

OP
N

number9

LawnSite Member
First mow today, first time on a zero turn. Took some getting used to, is sketchy on side slopes (20-25*). Think I'll leave those for my tractor.

Anyway, now has 4 hrs on it, but it's making a strange noise. Sounds like aggressively shaking a couple BB's around in an empty pop can. Seems to be coming from behind me, around the engine area. Doesn't do it at idle, or when stopped, only when traveling. PTO either On or Off, noise is still there. Doesn't make the noise constantly, just intermittently. Any ideas?

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
For side slopes, keep the front caster pointed slightly uphill. Horizontal and gravity will win. Sometimes backing down a slope is safer. Don't go forward down a slope if you don't have run out room at the bottom, since you don't have brakes. Some slopes that are too steep to go across or up and down, I will go up at a 45, and back down at a 45. This I mowed back and forth horizontally. But next to the ditch, if i went away from the driveway, gravity tries to pull me into it. But coming the other direction, I can get closer with no issues. I got this lawn because the old guy put his Hustler into the ditch.
20210601_175401.jpg

Top Forums