Lawn Care Forum banner

Looking To Upgrade to SCAG

9K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  STATEMENTLAWNCARE 
#1 ·
This is my first post on here so bear with me here.

I have been in the Lawn Care & Landscape business for about 4 years now. I have been using a Cub Cadet RZT 50" w/ a Kawasaki 22HP. Along with a John Deere push mower. I have decided that it is time to upgrade. My mower isn't high-grade enough to handle the increasing number of clients I have. I am currently looking at a SCAG Tiger Cat. I was really wanting the Wildcat, but these are no longer made :confused: The Turf Tiger is really just too much for me and what I need. My question to you guys is: Should I go for the Tiger Cub now, and later (maybe 4 or 5 more years from now) buy another mower (probably a Turf Tiger)? Or wait and see if SCAG is going to come out with a mower to take the Wildcat's place? I really need a new mower though, the Cub is in the shop right now so I am having to use a Snapper lawn tractor :cry: (& i DO NOT recommend this mower). Let me know what you think of this.

#3 ·
Yes, as I mentioned, for the amount of yard I have now the Tiger Cub is what I'm looking at since the Wildcat is no longer available:( The Turf Tiger is just too much for me at the moment, but if I was to have about 15-25 more yards along with some extra employees, i will probably buy a TT then. I will buy a walk-behind probably next year or the year after I make this purchase, whatever I decide!

#4 ·
I am in the same boat, I am looking at the tt, but dealer was pointing me towards the tigercat.
Posted via Mobile Device
The guy I mow for part time was looking for a new 60 inch mower. He was thinking Gravely. Then Exmark. We stopped at a Scagg dealership to get his chainsaws repaired. He got to looking at the Turf Tiger, setting next to a Cheetah. He asked how much for the TT? How much for the Cheetah? To my surprise they were the same price! Take a guess what Scagg he bought after a demo? Well that was a no brainier! The best thing he ever did was to buy the Cheetah! That reduced his mowing time by half.

#7 ·
I am looking to get a 52" w/ a Kawasaki. The Tiger Cat seems to be the most economical mower for me at the moment. Like I said, this will be my first professional-grade mower & I wanted to get everyone's opinions befor my purchase. I have always heard only great things about SCAG & that's why they are my #1 pick. At first I was a little skeptical, because it is one of SCAGs "lower end" so-to-speak. I need a professional mower with exceptional cut & I love stil
Posted via Mobile Device

#14 ·
If you google the scag website you should be able to get all your answers. I have a cub and a cat and have no problems. if i were to buy another i would go with the wildcat.
That's the mower I was looking at purchasing, but they are no longer made. I don't need something as fast as the cheetah & the TT is just too big for my needs. The Tiger Cat seems to be the best mower for me, and seems like a reliable mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 ·
The Tiger cat is the new name of the Tiger cub. In 2010 Scag changed the name "cub" to "cat". The Tiger-cat did not actually replace the Wildcat but sales of the Tiger Cat and Turf Tiger way out numbered the Wildcat and so the Wildcat was phased out. For what you are looking to do, I think you will be very satisfied with the Tiger Cat for the long haul. The Tiger Cat would not be considered a home owner model (that's the Freedom Z), it is commercial grade and in my opinion is a better fit in most cases for residential cutting than the Turf Tiger due to how nimble and balanced it is. The SS model will ensure you have the right engine and the suspension seat.

#24 ·
I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but scag has a new owner sale thing going on. if you never owned a scag before and you switch to scag they give you some nice discount. it saved me about a grand off my cheetah.
Some customer loyalty appreciation scag has....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.